These Terms of Service govern your access to and use of GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING’s services.
In this document, the following words have these meanings:
- “You”, “Your”, “Customer”, “Member(s)”, or “User(s)” means a “Subscriber” to the Service, or any person who accesses the Service using the subscriber’s access details;
- “Service” or “Service(s)” means any product(s) or services(s) the Customer has ordered for use.
- “GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING”, “We”, “Us”, “Our” means Gold Coast Websites (ABN 82 697 368 252).
- “ToS” means Terms of Service.
- “AUP” means Acceptable Use Policy.
- “SLA” means Service Level Agreement.
- “Members Area” or “Client Area” means our online portal to manage all Services and not limited to the members domain name(s), web hosting, dedicated servers, and security certificates, direct access to the GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING Members Area: https://goldcoastwebsiteshosting.com.au/
- “Website” means goldcoastwebsiteshosting.com.au.
- “Downtime” means the total duration per month where hosted services experience operational or access issues that are the result of issues within the GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING network or on GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING maintained hardware and are not due to scheduled maintenance or issues as outlined in the “Exclusions” section of this SLA.
- “Scheduled maintenance” is where a hosted service may be inaccessible due to hardware or software maintenance or upgrades required to maintain GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING’s up-time guarantee.
- “Month” means a full calendar month i.e. January 1st to January 31st.
2. SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT
GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING guarantees 99.9% service (http, https, ftp, pop, imap, smtp) uptime on all web hosting plans. Should we fail to deliver this for any given calendar month, your account will be refunded a prorated amount for the duration of excessive downtime.
|99.9 – 100||0%||0 to 43.2 minutes|
|98 – 99.8||10%||43.2 mins to 14 hrs 24 mins|
|94 – 97.9||25%||14 hrs 24 mins to 36 hrs|
|90 – 94.9||50%||36 hrs to 72 hrs|
|89% or below||100%||more than 72 hrs|
If the uptime guarantee of a website is less than 99.9%, GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING will issue credit to the hosting member in accordance with the above “Service Level Agreement” credit schedule, with the credit being calculated on the basis of the monthly service charge for the affected service.
Scheduled Maintenance – Our systems will require periodic maintenance and upgrades that may or may not result in services being unavailable for certain periods. This is part of our continuing commitment to providing our members with the highest quality services available.
This Service Uptime Guarantee does not cover service downtime caused by problems related to;
- customer’s local area network;
- customer-provided Internet connectivity or end-user software;
- anything inside customer’s internal network, including, but not limited to, firewall configuration and bandwidth to internet, local area workstations, servers, software, and configuration;
- DNS issues outside the direct control of GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING;
- DNS (Domain Name Server) Propagation;
- outages elsewhere on the Internet that hinder access to your account. GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING is not responsible for browser or DNS caching that may make the Web Site appear inaccessible when others can still access it. GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING will guarantee only those areas considered under the control of GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING: GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING server links to the Internet, GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING network hardware, and GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING servers.
4. CREDIT REQUEST & PAYMENT PROCEDURES
In order to receive a credit, member must submit a request directly to via the GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING member’s area. Each request in connection with this SLA must include the dates and times of the unavailability of member’s service and must be received by GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING within fifteen (15) business days after member’s service was not available. If the unavailability is confirmed by GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING, credits will be applied within 30 days after GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING’s receipt of member’s credit request. Credits are not refundable and can be used only towards future billing charges.
The total amount credited to member in a particular month under this SLA shall not exceed the total hosting fee paid by member for such month for the affected services. Credits are exclusive of any applicable taxes charged to member or collected by GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING.
5. MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
- GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING will do its best to announce any scheduled maintenance at least 24 hours ahead of time to the customer.
- GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING reserves the right to perform emergency maintenance without any prior notification, should it be deemed necessary to protect and maintain the security and integrity of the Service.
6. MEMBER SUPPORT
GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING will provide you with ongoing technical support for your hosting account at no additional charge. GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING will not provide development-related support for web applications (ie. WordPress, Joomla), scripts or components from third parties, scripts of installable applications from our Application Vault, or those developed by you.
- Ticket Support is available 24/7.
- Support is available Monday – Friday 9:00AM to 05:00PM AEST (excluding public holidays).
GOLD COAST WEBSITES HOSTING’s target response time to technical support requests is less than 20 minutes. The response time depends on the complexity of the enquiry and current support request volumes.